• This image shows the Cowardly Lion being dressed up after his
arrival in the Emerald City.
• It was created by famed comic book artist and film noir
specialist, Glen Orbik.
• It was created as part of the Wizard of Oz traveling exhibit
of interpretive art from important contemporary artists,
commemorating the 70th anniversary of the Wizard of Oz film
• The art show “Inspirations of Oz Fine Art Collection”
featured 14 artists and was launched at Art Basel Miami in
December 2008, then traveled through the US in 2009.
• The original rendition of this image was chosen to be
featured in the Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s
Edition book, released in fall 2009.
© Glen Orbik