Release Date: January 21, 2003
Edition Size: 100
Image Size: 16 Field
Item Number: CC1193
- The “lobby card” background in this hand painted limited edition features reproductions of original publicity stills taken from some of Sylvester and Tweety’s most famous Clampett, Freleng and McKimson-directed cartoons.
- Lobby cards were designed to summarize the cartoon’s story and theme in one drawing.
- Although lobby cards were usually designed by the animation unit of the cartoon being represented, their style and approach varied widely. These publicity stills were hung in theater lobbies to promote the cartoons, and reproduced in trade journals.
- “Tweety and Sylvester Lobby Card” marks the second in a series of “Lobby Card” releases featuring Bugs, Porky and Daffy.
- The first edition in this series, “Bugs Bunny Lobby Card,” sold out within two months. Portions of the artist proofs of each edition are reserved for matched sets.